Monday, February 17, 2014

News on Stolen

I have some not-so-great news...

I've been struggling with this for the past couple of days, but I've come to a hard decision regarding Stolen, the prequel to His Dark Lessons. I'm shelving the book until further notice.

I'd like to give you some background. When I first had the idea of Chance and Cass' story, I was writing from a place of experience. No, I haven't had any affairs with my sexy professors, but once upon a time, I was cheated on. Now that I think back, maybe that's why Before You Go was such an exhilarating book to write, and the His Dark Lessons series as well. The stories were about learning from mistakes, forgiveness, and keeping a hopeful eye to the future.

Writing Stolen has been a very emotional experience, and not in a good way. It's about the time leading up to Cass and Chances breakup, when she walks in on him with someone else. As I've gone through the book myself and with my editor, it is unfortunately just not up to par. Something is missing. I don't know if it's because I'm in such a good place emotionally or because I just finished a story in the His Submissive world and Jacob and Cade make me feel all kinds of awesome, but Stolen just is missing something. I can't put my finger on it, and it has been driving me crazy because the book is due out--and you guys deserve nothing but the best.

That being said, I've decided to put Stolen back on the shelf until further notice. I apologize to those that were looking forward to more time with Chance and Cass, but I can't give them to you right now. :(

If you have any questions or concerns, please comment below or feel free to email me at avaclairewrites[at]gmail[dot]com.

0 comments

Post a Comment